We work with you to achieve dancing at the highest level and to empower you with knowledge and skill to prevent injury.
Our Physical Therapists have advanced certifications including Dance Rehabilitation Training from West Side Physical Therapy in New York, and Sports and Orthopaedic Certifications under the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties. We understand the needs and challenges of the dancer to help you perform at your optimal level. We work with dancers ages 8 and older.
Our unique knowledge of the biomechanics and science of dance allows us to develop an individualized program of care for your specific type of dance style.
We specialize in the following types of dance:
- Acro Dance
- Dance Fitness
- Competitive Dance
- Folk Dance
- Modern and Contemporary Dance
- Musical Theatre
- Hip Hop
Aquatic Therapy: When injury doesn’t allow you to exercise and strengthen on land, Aquatic Therapy is an excellent alternative. In this unique environment, the muscles and joints are supported by the buoyancy of water, leading to painfree motion, balance, and strengthening exercises.
We offer a variety of services and wellness classes to compliment our physical therapy services:
- Dance-Specific Exercise Training for Individuals or Groups: Specialized instruction and customized exercises to enhance technique and performance.
- Pointe Readiness Assessment: This process is a valuable means of measuring the readiness of each dancer and what needs to be improved upon in order to become fully prepared for your pointe work. We look at your range of motion, strength, and alignment to identify if you are ready to go en pointe.
- Dance Fitness and Injury Prevention: Receive an individually tailored exercise regimen with recommendations for technique modifcation, training strategies, and aerobic programs to maintain wellness and prevent injury. We will assess your posture, strength, flexibility, balance, and cardiovascular fitness.
- Pilates: Customized mat class for dancers geared towards their specific needs. The practice of Pilates promotes efficient and fluid movement patterns with these basic principles: Core strengthening, balanced muscle development, centering, precision, and rhythm.
“We are so thankful for the ProAction team. Because of their individualized and highly-skilled techniques, caring and thoughtful approach, and thorough explanations, our daughter has returned to dance with greater strength, flexibility, and wisdom in her technique development and injury prevention.”
– Jeannie W.